It can be tough to recognise that you have electrical problems at home so how do you know when it’s time to call an electrician? Here are some key signs that you may have electrical problems at home.
- Electrical shocks. Do you get a mild shock every time you touch an appliance or a light switch in your home? This may be a sign that either the appliance is not working properly or there is a problem with the wiring in your home. A qualified electrician can make this determination.
- Flickering or blinking lights. If your lights are always flickering and blinking – despite the fact that the bulbs are screwed in tightly – there may be something wrong with your electrical circuits. It’s especially important to call an electrician if this problem is not limited to one room but occurs throughout your entire home.
- Frequent blown fuses. Have you gotten used to warning your kids not to turn on a hair dryer and the dishwasher at the same time? Blown fuses should not be an everyday occurrence. This may be a sign that there is something wrong with the circuits in your home, and you should call in a qualified electrician to make an assessment.
- Sparks or burning odours. If you notice a burning odour or there are sparks emitting from any outlets or switches, you should shut off the power in your home to prevent an electrical fire and call an electrician immediately.
- Bulbs vary in brightness. Do some lights in your home burn brighter than others? This may seem minor, but it could be a sign of a poor main neutral connection. You may need to consult an electrician.
You may be tempted to try resolve these problems yourself but this can be dangerous so we suggest that you contact a professional to help. The qualified electricians at Total Electrical and Plumbing Solutions are always here to help. Give us a call and we’ll track down the problem and make sure your home is safe for you and your family.